City & Guilds 2382-18 (18th Edition) Course.
This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IEE Wiring Regulations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate an understanding of the IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671).
What does the qualification cover?
The IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671). It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: June 2008 (2011).
What opportunities for progression are there?
It allows candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (2392-10)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations (2391-10)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Design, erection and verification of electrical installations (2391-20)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Building Regulations for Electrical Installation Contractors In Dwellings (2393-10)
- City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering (4467-04)
Computer based multiple choice assessment.
Candidates must not be entered for a qualification of the same type, content and level as that of a qualification they already hold.
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification. However, centres must ensure that candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification.
It is expected that candidates will have basic knowledge of electrical science.
There is no age restriction for this qualification unless this is a legal requirement of the process or the environment.